Fintech is an exciting field anywhere in the world right now. But in certain frontier markets, fintech has the potential to truly shape the future of finance — leapfrogging from a dismal banking landscape to a digital, more inclusive marketplace. However, there remains an urgent need to ensure those services, and the influx of capital flowing to fintech entrepreneurs, promotes a fair financial system.
Flourish executives Tilman Ehrbeck, Kabir Kumar, and Neil Dugalare excited to join a handful of entrepreneurs and innovators from our portfolio to discuss the future of finance at the Singapore Fintech Festivaltaking place November 11-15.
Day 1 | Monday, November 11
AI-driven Disruption: the New Normal? | 2-2:50pm | Exponential Technologies Stage
The disruptive force of AI is here to stay in financial services. Non-traditional financial services providers have an edge, unencumbered by legacy infrastructure. Will they become the future market movers? Industry experts and emerging players weigh in on AI disruption in the market.
- Moderator: Moderator: Jo Ann Barefoot, Chief Executive Officer & Cofounder, Alliance for Innovative Regulation: The Alliance for Innovative Regulation (AIR) helps regulators keep up with the pace of innovation by creating digitally-native regulations, increasing efficiency, and creating a more stable financial system.
- Brad Carr, Senior Director of Digital Finance, Institute of International Finance
- Coenraad Jonker, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, TymeGlobal and Non-Executive Director, TymeBank
- Laura McCracken, Executive Vice President, Financial Institutions & FinTech, Wirecard
Investing for Sustainable Impact | 3:00pm | Global Investor Forum Stage
How is the nature of impact investing evolving? What differentiates an investment approach with emphasis on sustainable growth, and what does this mean, tangibly, for portfolio companies and returns.
- Moderator: Kabir Kumar, Director, Flourish: Flourish is an evergreen, early-stage venture fund investing globally in entrepreneurs whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity.
- Arnaud Caudoux, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Bpifrance
- Ganesh Rengaswamy, Co-Founding Partner, Quona Capital
- Oki Matsumoto, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Monex Group, Inc.
- T.V. Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Aarin Capital Partners
- Vivek Pathak, Regional Director, East Asia and Pacific, IFC
Day 3 | Wednesday, November 13
Tech Legends: From Inventor to Investor | 11am | Plenary Stage
- Chair: Tilman Ehrbeck, Managing Partner, Flourish: Flourish is an evergreen, early-stage venture fund investing globally in entrepreneurs whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity.
- Dado Banatao, Managing Partner, Tallwood Venture Capital
- Eduardo Saverin, Co-Founder and Partner, B Capital and Co-Founder, Facebook
- Tan Min-Liang, CEO, Razer
Financial Inclusion 2.0 | 1pm-4:50pm | Sustainability, Finance and Tech Stage
- Moderator: Greta Bull, CEO, Consultative Group to Assist the Poor: Through research and advocacy, the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP) works to make financial services meet the needs of mass-market consumers.
- Karen Miller, Vice President, Knowledge & Communications, Women’s World Banking
- Naureen Hyat, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, Tez Financial Services: Tez is a digital-only bank for the underserved in Pakistan, helping consumers get approved for small loans in as little as 15 minutes.
- Nestor V. Tan, President & Chief Executive Officer, BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Sael Al Waary , Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer, Bank ABC Group
Day 5 | Friday, November 15
Think Like a VC – An Interactive Workshop for Deal Friday (UNCDF)| 1630 – 1725 | AWS Singapore, 23 Church St, #10-01, Singapore 049481
With so many different investors out there to pitch, valuation being a complete mystery, and venture terms being thrown left and right, it’s easy for entrepreneurs (and sometimes investors too) to get confused. Join Kabir Kumar and Neil Dugal with Flourish Ventures, and Edith Yeung with Proof of Capital, in this interactive workshop where they will guide you on navigating different types of venture investors, how to think about and negotiate valuation, and on negotiating venture terms so you can get the best possible deal for you and your company.
- Neil Dugal, Senior Corporate Counsel, Flourish
- Kabir Kumar, Director, Flourish
- Edith Yeung, Co-founder and General Partner, Proof of Capital
UNCDF segment | TIME TBD| Pop-up Stage
- Daniel Goldfarb, CEO & cofounder, Lendable: Lendable is a marketplace connecting alternative lenders in East Africa with institutional debt investors.
- Panel jointly hosted by MAS and UNCDF at the Singapore Fintech Festival