Flourish Ventures is excited to participate in SXSW 2020’s PanelPicker showcase. We’ve teamed up with Steady, Clerkie and Propel to propose an exciting panel for the upcoming conference taking place this spring, and we need your votes to make it happen!
Visit our PanelPicker page here to “‘Vote Up” our panel to see it come to fruition! Voting closes on August 23rd, so check out the panel details below spread the word to any fellow fintechs who would appreciate the discussion.
Panel: “SAVING THE DAY: TECH HELPING STRUGGLING AMERICANS”
Despite record low unemployment rates and economic growth, there is more than meets the eye when it comes to the financial health of US consumers. Household debt is at an all-time high, more than 70 percent of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck and nearly 40 percent can’t cover a $400 unexpected expense. These precarious conditions mean life’s common setbacks—a car repair, health emergency, or job loss—can lead to catastrophic financial consequences.: While policy discussions on college debt and alternative credit scoring are hot topics amongst 2020 presidential candidates, there is much the private sector can do to improve people’s financial health. This panel focuses on capturing early innovator learnings from fintech startups that are gaining traction in this space.
- The challenges and opportunities of advancing financial health for US consumers
- How to build a mission-driven startup that solves people’s real-world problems—and stay on track.
- How to partner with entrepreneurs, thought leaders and innovators in policy and regulation to shape a more inclusive economy.
- Emmalyn Shaw, Managing Partner, Flourish
- Jimmy Chen, Founder and CEO , Propel, Inc.
- Guy Assad, Founder and CEO , Clerkie
- Adam Roseman, CEO & Cofounder, Steady